Hunger Games fans across the world let out a communal shriek of terror the moment Gary Ross announced he officially had withdrawn from directing The Hunger Games franchise. For the past week we have been hanging on by a thread scratching our eyes out waiting to hear the glorious name that would take Gary’s place. Well we have that name, Water For Elephants and I Am Legend Director Francis Lawrence has been offered the directors seat for Catching Fire, and MTV’s The FabLife has the top 5 resons that this news is in fact EXCELLENT news!
1. He can do post-apocalyptic settings. See: I Am Legend.
2. He can do strong ladies wearing amazing costumes in post-apocalyptic settings. See:Beyonce’s “Run the World (Girls).”
3. He can do weird, futuristic settings for the Capitol. See: Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance.”
4. He can work with all kinds of animals, so the monkey scenes will rule. He also has experience with trains (for Katniss and Peeta’s tour through the districts). See: Water for Elephants.
5. He seems like a really nice guy, who knows how to deal with rabid fans. See: Ourinterview with him at the Water for Elephants premiere last year.
To see all the videos accompanying these ‘reasons’, see The FabLife article HERE!
Source: The FabLife