Wow Walmart is having a great event to celebrate the release of the Hunger Games on dvd/br on 8/18/12 with midnight release parties, giveaways and cast appearances at select Walmart stores.
Here are the details :
To pay tribute to The Hungers Games DVD release on Saturday, Walmart is offering exclusive, early access to The Hunger Games fans so they can be among the first to own their special edition DVD.
Here’s what The Hunger Games fans will find at their local Walmart starting at 11 p.m. on Friday, August 17:
- District Parties featuring special giveaways, movie trivia and the opportunity to win exclusive The Hunger Games prizes
- Fans who purchase the DVD at midnight will receive a special pack of collectible The Hunger Games trading cards, while supplies last. A select number of random packs will include an autographed card from one of the cast members.
- Customers who prefer to pre-order The Hunger Games 2-disc Blu-ray or DVD online at Walmart.com prior to the movie’s release on August 18 will have a chance to win a trip to Los Angeles to attend The Hunger Games: Catching Fire premiere or other exclusive prizes.
- In select stores, fans will have the opportunity to meet the following cast members:
- Glimmer (Leven Rambin) in Dallas, TX
- Cato (Alexander Ludwig) in Miami, FL
- Primrose Everdeen (Willow Shields) in Phoenix, AZ
- Thresh (Dayo Okeniyi) in Santa Clarita, CA
- Atlanta, GA, TBD
For specific store locations and event activities, please visit: http://instoresnow.walmart.com/Event-Detail.aspx?txtEventID=1017
Hungry for more?
- Fans can access never-before-seen interviews and behind-the-scenes footage on Walmart’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart.
- Join the #DistrictParty on Twitter: Celebrity party-planning expert Hostess with the Mostess partnered with Walmart to host a live #DistrictParty Twitter party at 4:00 p.m. ET Thursday, August 16.
- Share with your readers ideas to throw their own The Hunger Games screening parties and other ways they can celebrate the DVD release of The Hunger Games movie.
Walmart Provides Hunger Games Fans with Early Access to Their Favorite Film
Retailer celebrates The Hunger Games at midnight on August 18 in more than 2,000 stores
BENTONVILLE, Ark., August, 13, 2012 – Hunger Games fans, today the odds are ever in your favor! Whether you are from District 1 or District 12, beginning at 11 p.m. on Friday, August 17, Walmart stores nationwide will host more than 2,000 parties featuring special giveaways, movie trivia and much more – all in honor of The Hunger Games. In addition to the midnight parties, Walmart will host exclusive, special guest appearances by actors from the film in the following cities: Marietta, GA, Dallas, TX, Miami, FL, Phoenix, AZ and Santa Clarita, CA.
Fans who purchase the DVD at midnight will receive a special pack of collectible The Hunger Games trading cards. A select number of random packs will include an autographed card from one of the cast members including Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson. Never-before-seen interviews and behind-the-scenes footage of leading cast members will also be accessible for fans on Walmart’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart.
“Together with Lionsgate Entertainment, we are providing Hunger Games fans with a unique and fun way to celebrate and purchase one of the most anticipated DVD releases of the year,” said Seong Ohm, senior vice president and general manager of entertainment for Walmart U.S. “When it comes to entertainment, whether it’s through our broad selection of new releases or licensed merchandise, customers can rely on Walmart to carry the items they want at a price they can afford.”
Customers who prefer to pre-order The Hunger Games 2-disc Blu-ray or DVD online at Walmart.com prior to the movie’s release on August 18 will have a chance to win a trip to Los Angeles to attend The Hunger Games: Catching Fire premiere or other exclusive prizes.
Walmart will also have an exclusive The Hunger Games 2-disc Blu-ray or DVD movie gift set that includes a mockingjay pendant and digital UltraViolet copy. Offering an UltraViolet copy with a new release is a first for Lionsgate Entertainment, and will enable customers to upload their purchased movies to an online digital library, such as Walmart’s industry-leading video streaming service, VUDU. Once rights are confirmed, customers can watch The Hunger Games anytime, anywhere from most Internet-connected devices, including televisions, tablets, smartphones, gaming consoles and more.
“We are delighted to partner with Walmart on our biggest home entertainment release ever as the motion picture event of the year becomes the home entertainment event of the year,” said Ron Schwartz, executive vice president and general manager of home entertainment for Lionsgate. “The Hunger Games is the perfect title to become Lionsgate’s first Ultraviolet release as we continue to expand the choices available to our consumers.”
Live Twitter Party:
Walmart and Jen Sbranti of Hostess with the Mostess will pay tribute to The Hunger Games by hosting a live Twitter party for fans on Thursday, August 16 beginning at 4:00pm ET. Participants can follow @Walmart and use the hashtag #DistrictParty to join the conversation and get tips and ideas about hosting their own The Hunger Games themed viewing party to celebrate the DVD release.
The list of stores that will hold the midnight events can be found at: http://instoresnow.walmart.com/Event-Detail.aspx?txtEventID=1017. Additional information onThe Hunger Games merchandise and promotions at Walmart can be found at: www.walmart.com/hungergames.